SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN


Remember Walt Disney’s very first fairy tale, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves” (1937)? Remember the plucky little dwarves? And the Heigh-ho-ing? And the happy little birds? Well scrap that vision firmly from your mind, because “Snow White and the Huntsman,” which opens this weekend, is not your Uncle Walt’s Snow White. First time director Rupert Sanders’s vision is a definitively darker, impressively more epic version of the enchanted tale originally told by the Brothers Grimm. While we know that Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth, and Charlize Theron are fair bets to make box office gold, here are five facts about the film you might know.
less

Horse Play

Kristen Stewart endured cliff jumping, fight training and cold, wet English countryside filming conditions for the role of Snow White, but all of that seemed like child’s play compared with the more equine parts of the job. Stewart literally had to get back in the saddle again: “I had to get back on a horse. I’d fallen off when I was nine, and I really hurt myself. Not that that was such a traumatizing experience, it just changed the dynamic completely. And Snow White just rides her butt off in this movie. I knew that I didn’t want to fake it, and I was terrified. It was that last hurdle I had to jump over.”



DO YOU WANT TO WATCH THIS MOVIE FREE ONLINE? CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW